We have longstanding relationships with many of our clients, an intricate knowledge of our clients’ business, their area of insurance risk, and their needs.
The Finlaysons Insurance team is a recognised leader in the provision of legal service to the insurance sector and a major provider of legal services in Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance. We act for both public and private sector clients within South Australia as well as nationally.
We are driven by achieving excellent outcomes for our clients.
Our large team has the resources and capabilities needed to manage large volumes of work. We have extensive experience, a diverse range of specialist expertise and practitioners working at many levels, including expert Special and In-house Counsel.
Clients find us reliable, approachable and highly responsive to their individual needs. We have longstanding relationships with many clients – some have been with us for more than thirty years. We understand the need for efficient, precise communication to ensure that clients are always fully informed of the options for resolving and managing matters.
We have specialist expertise in the area of CTP, professional indemnity, asbestos liability, fraud and catastrophic injury claims. We manage matters in a wide range of jurisdictions including Magistrates, District and Supreme Courts, Coroners Court, SA Workers Compensation Tribunal and Professional Disciplinary Tribunals.
We also have excellent negotiation skills and dispute resolution strategies and provide risk management advice in all areas of insurance risk, including professional indemnity insurance and the health sector.
Industry Recognition and Awards
- “First Tier” South Australian Defendant CTP and Motor Accident Insurance Law Firm – Doyles 2016, 2017, 2018
- Kathryn Lincoln – Insurance ‘Lawyer of the Year SA’ Best Lawyers of Australia 2020, Preeminent Leading Compulsory Third Party Insurance Lawyers (Defendant) Doyles 2018
- Mark Wood – Insurance Law Best Lawyers of Australia 2020, Market Leader in the category of Defendant CTP and Motor Accident Insurance Lawyers (South Australia) Doyles 2018
- Luke Gray – Insurance Law Best Lawyers of Australia 2020, Recommended Compulsory Third Party Insurance Lawyers (Defendant) Doyles 2018
- Guy Biddle – Insurance Law Best Lawyers of Australia 2020, Leading Workplace Health & Safety Lawyers SA Doyles 2018
- Fiona Holdsworth – Insurance Law Best Lawyers of Australia 2020, Leading Dust Diseases Liability Lawyers (Defendant) SA and Leading Medical Negligence & Malpractice Lawyers Doyles 2018
- David Rostron – Insurance Law and Professional Malpractice Litigation Best Lawyers of Australia 2020
- Ralph Bönig – 2018 SA Law Society Brian Withers award recipient