Ralph advises clients on complex commercial disputes, regulatory compliance and insurance claims (personal injury, medical malpractice & commercial lines). His diverse client base includes individual professionals, large corporations, insurers and Government.
Send a Message
Ralph has over 30 years’ experience across a variety of areas including insurance, risk management, health and administrative law. He has and continues to represent clients both in the private and public sectors in a diverse range of matters.
Ralph is a former President of the SA Law Society and a former Director of the Law Council of Australia. In August 2018 he was awarded the SA Law Society, Brian Withers Award for services to the Legal Profession.
Ralph supervises and mentors a number of our junior practitioners. He is also a member of the Law Societies Young Lawyers Mentor Panel and Indigenous Law Students Mentor Panel. He also regularly speaks to a variety of industry bodies and associations on a range of topics.
He has appeared and continues to appear as counsel in all related jurisdictions both as trial counsel and at the appellate level as well as representing parties in mediations as part of the firm’s recognition of the need to identify cost effective solutions to legal problems.
Recent matters that Ralph has been involved in include:
- International arbitration on a major construction dispute
- Interstate Supreme Court action involving recovery action between insurers
- Prosecutions under relevant state and territory planning and environmental protection legislation
- Catastrophic claims arising out of motor vehicle accidents and medical malpractice
- Coronial inquiries, ICAC investigations, Royal Commissions and Parliamentary inquiries
He has acted in many high-profile claims and is acutely aware of the impact they can have on his clients’ character and livelihood. His sympathetic, considered and pragmatic approach aims to protect his clients’ reputation at all times.
Ralph's ExpertiseSee all +
- Law Society of South Australia (Council Member, Executive Member, past President, past Vice President, past President Elect, past Treasurer) - Member of numerous Committees, Working Groups and Forums
- Law Council of Australia-past Director and Member of various Working Groups
- Australian Insurance Law Association (AILA) Member
- Bachelor of Laws
- Admitted in High Court in 1982
- SA Law Society, Brian Withers Award (2018)