Our industry experience and technical know-how has made us the go-to team for practical legal advice about the risks and opportunities of environmental law and regulation.
There are a large number of legislative instruments and regulatory bodies that govern environmental regulation in Australia – a federal legal system with environmental matters primarily regulated at a state and territory level. Therefore, getting the right advice on environmental issues is critical in today’s operating environment.
How can we help you?
Our specialist team is headed by, Kyra Reznikov, a dedicated environmental lawyer with the unique combination of qualifications and practical experience in both Chemical Engineering and Law and will work in partnership with you to identify, negotiate and implement practical solutions that meet your business objectives as well as regulatory requirements.
We have extensive experience and proven expertise in a range of industries including mining, petroleum, wine, manufacturing, property development, environmental consultancy, financial services, agribusiness and energy. We help our clients communicate with regulators and help regulators understand the practical constraints faced by industry. This enables us to find and negotiate solutions that work in the real world – on the ground and in the plant.
Whether projects are big or small, we’ve assisted our clients to identify best-fit approvals pathways, prepare applications and supporting documentation (including detailed environmental impact assessments), engage with assessing authorities, environmental regulators and stakeholders, and negotiate practical and appropriate conditions of consent.
Our team regularly assist businesses to understand the range of planning and development approvals that their projects require and guide them through the application and assessment processes. Including:
- Providing advice about appeal rights and procedures, and help clients through the planning appeal process where necessary.
- Having specialist experience in managing environmental issues associated with project development, including compliance requirements and interrelated authorisations.
- Advising developers about site contamination risks and liabilities, including investigation and management obligations, site contamination audit requirements and transfer of liability.
- Providing practical legal advice about solving planning-related project issues and work with project teams to obtain timely and effective approvals.
Our specialist industry knowledge and practical approach places our clients in the best possible position to not only understand and manage their environmental obligations, but also to get approvals and agreements in place to enable efficient and sustainable business growth.
- Provided planning, development approvals, rezoning, site contamination management and other advice in respect of a number of recent construction projects in Adelaide and SA, including:
- Planning advice regarding development of the New Royal Adelaide Hospital;
- Planning advice regarding redevelopment of the Old Royal Adelaide Hospital site;
- Planning and environmental advice regarding various commercial/residential developments.
- Project approvals assistance (including preparation of application documentation, consultation responses, negotiation of conditions and where relevant, ERD Court appeals) for major renewable energy infrastructure developments
- Solar project approvals assistance (including preparation of application documentation, consultation responses, negotiation of conditions and where relevant, ERD Court appeals)
- Advice regarding tenure, land access, water access, EPBC approvals, native vegetation clearance approvals, establishment of offset areas and purchase of offset credits for major mining infrastructure developments and the preparation and negotiation of associated documents and agreements
Related Sectors & Services