Kyra’s expertise is unrivalled in her field. As an environmental lawyer with qualifications and practical experience in both Chemical Engineering and Law, she has a potent combination of skills and her clients quickly realise the benefits.Send a Message
Kyra has been named as a leading Planning and Environment lawyer in South Australia in Doyle’s Guide to the Australian Legal Profession since 2010. Since 2014, she has been recognised in ‘Best Lawyers Australia’ for her expertise in planning and environmental law. In April 2018, based on feedback from industry peers, she was named Lawyer of the Year – Planning & Environmental Law in SA by Best Lawyers Australia.
Kyra brings valuable industry insight and expertise to her role as head of our Environment, Climate Change and Planning practice area. Kyra’s combination of technical and legal expertise enables her to talk to clients, engineers, regulators and industry consultants in their own language. For Kyra, it’s almost like being bilingual – it’s an invaluable skill that makes it easier to resolve issues for everyone involved.
Kyra brings a real-world perspective to both sides of an issue and works closely with her clients and with regulators to identify, negotiate and implement solutions that meet business objectives as well as regulatory requirements.
Kyra has significant expertise in dealing with site contamination, environmental compliance and project approval issues and is a key advisor to the mining and petroleum, energy, property development and wine sectors. She also has particular expertise with wind energy developments and project approvals for major infrastructure, including tenure and land access, and strategic advice regarding assessment pathways, application documentation and conditions of consent.
Kyra's ExpertiseSee all +
- South Australian Minerals and Energy Advisory Council – Councillor (note that this Council advises the Minister for Energy and Mining)
- Women in Resources South Australia Chair
- Australian Grape & Wine Sustainability Advisory Committee Member
- Australasian Land and Groundwater Association Adelaide Branch Committee Member
- South Australian Wine Industry Association Environment Committee Member
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Chemical) (Hons)
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
- Doyles Guide, Leading Planning & Environment Lawyer SA 2010 - current
- Best Lawyers, Lawyer of the Year (SA), Planning & Environmental Lawyer 2018
- Best Lawyers, Planning & Environment Law SA 2014 - current