It is crucial that you understand your obligations as a business within the Tourism, Travel and Hospitality industry, in order to protect yourself in the event of any future legal problems.
The Tourism, Travel and Hospitality industry is large and diverse and is comprised of a number of sectors. All sectors cater to both domestic and international markets and are significant in driving economic growth in Australia, and together the contribution of these sectors to Australia’s GDP is equivalent to over $100 billion.
These sectors represent a range of business types and services, which in many cases are interconnected. For example, Tourism incorporates a complex combination of overlapping sectors. Economic activity is therefore extensive across all these interrelated sectors and additionally impacts many secondary industries.
Finlaysons work with a variety of different operators within the industry to provide full-service legal advice.
How can we help you?
The Tourism, Hospitality & Licensing team’s expertise encompass all commercial issues relevant to the industry, including licensing, taxation, employment, work health and safety, dispute resolution, property, debt recovery and general commercial matters.
The team understands the ongoing challenges and changes specific to the hospitality industry. This knowledge and experience has established Finlaysons Lawyers as a go to firm for any business requiring support within this industry, especially if you operate in the Wine industry.
Our experience and industry expertise enable us to resolve issues early, promptly and cost effectively, in a range of fundamental areas.
We provide cross-border legal advice, covering all areas and issues including tax and structuring, real estate and planning, financing, corporate and regulatory, competition, and employment. The international scope of our work in this industry enables us to offer support on every aspect of a transaction or matter.
- Advising an ASX listed wine company in relation to the acquisition of a number of substantial assets throughout Australia.
- Advising an ASX listed wine company in relation to a range of high value, long-term procurement contracts of critical importance to the group’s operations.
- Acting for numerous administrators and receivers & managers in relation to the administration and receivership of ASX-listed and non-ASX listed companies. This has included the sale of various substantial businesses and assets throughout Australia and New Zealand across hospitality, wine and wholesale food distribution.
- Acting for an Australian Financial Services Licence (AFSL) holder in relation to the establishment and operation of a specialist unlisted wholesale fund investing in hotel properties across Australia.
- Secondments and in-house roles in the large and industrially complex workforces of Qantas Airways and Rail Corporation NSW.
- Advising a resort and town operator on its power infrastructure requirements, its infrastructure services in relation to water and sewerage, and procurement requirements including drafting contracts relating to these requirements. The project involved advising on generation mix / solutions for the current electricity generation facilities and their redevelopment and expansion and on power purchase contracts and tendering processes.
- Acting for major wine companies in litigation relating to lease terms and misleading and deceptive conduct claims, and in relation to employee theft and counterfeiting activity, including in relation to asset recovery, brand and reputation protection, and tracing of funds.
Related Sectors & Services