Gavin joined Finlaysons in January 2007 and he has been a Partner of the firm since 2012. Experienced and commercially driven he is consistently recognised as a market leading property, development and infrastructure lawyer in South Australia.
Gavin acts for developers, vendors, purchasers, lessors and lessees on real estate transactions and projects across a range of industries including residential, commercial and industrial property, and the agriculture, wine, defence, mining, and energy and resources industries. Gavin has also acted for property developers and financiers in respect to large, medium and small-scale residential, commercial, industrial and retail property developments.
His practice and experience includes:
- Infrastructure and construction projects;
- Property transactions including for residential and commercial development sites, and the sale and purchase of wineries, vineyards, and citrus, cropping and grazing properties;
- Leasing (commercial, industrial, retail, vineyard, cropping and grazing properties);
- Development agreements and associated advices in respect ot the life of a development
- Water rights, leasing and licencing, and irrigation access, supply transactional sales; and
- General real estate advice.
Gavin's ExpertiseSee all +
- Property Council of Australia (SA Division)
- Urban Development Committee Member and Economic & Infrastructure Development Committee Member
- Urban Development Institute of Australia Member
- Law Society of South Australia Member
- Access 2 Place Board Member
- Bachelor of Laws (Graduate)
- Bachelor of Arts
- Best Lawyers, Real Property Law 2018 - current
- Best Lawyers, Agriculture and Rural Affairs 2021
- Doyles Guide, Leading Property & Real Estate Lawyer 2019