Our specialist advice, commercial focus and strong networks in industry and government enable us to meet your diverse requirements. This positions us as an industry leader and the firm of choice for resources clients.
Finlaysons’ specialist Resources team assists companies to respond to the challenges faced by the resources industry and convert opportunities into future success.
How can we help you?
Our expertise covers all stages of the industry, from exploration through to mining and production, and all sectors – minerals, oil and gas.
We understand the industry and your business imperatives and consistently provide commercial, innovative and sustainable solutions.
We have a long and successful track record of service to the resources industry. The specialist skills of our diverse team mean that we can meet all your legal needs.
Our resources team is recognised nationally for its expertise and as an industry-leader in South Australia.
Our team has been involved in many of South Australia’s landmark mining projects, including:
- CU-River – Cairn Hill Project
- Iluka Resources – Jacinth-Ambrosia, Sonoran, Typhoon and Atacama projects
- IMX Resources – Cairn Hill project
- IronClad – Wilcherry Hill project
- Iron Road – Central Eyre Iron project
- OZ Minerals – Prominent Hill and Carrapateena projects
- Rex Minerals – Hillside project
- WPG Resources – Peculiar Knob project
Our team has developed unique expertise in the diverse and often unique legal issues faced by the uranium industry and the use of emerging technologies.
- Acting for, and providing assistance and advice to, OZ Minerals in relation to numerous aspects of its Prominent Hill and Carrapateena Copper-Gold Projects.
- Acting for Cu-River Mining Australia in relation to all aspects of its Cairn Hill Iron Ore Project.
- Acting for, and providing assistance and advice to, Iron Road in relation to its Central Eyre Iron Ore Project and a number of Iron Ore Joint Venture Agreements.
- Advising Rex Minerals in relation to its Hillside Copper Project.
- Acting for a global mining company, in relation to the acquisition of exploration tenements and the provision of advice in relation to Australia’s foreign investment regime.
- Acting for a privately-owned company regarding all aspects of its acquisition of a gold mine in Queensland.