Jane is Special Counsel at Finlaysons and is an integral member of the firm’s Resources team and Native Title and Aboriginal Heritage practice area. Jane’s dual law and geology qualifications and work experience enable her to fully understand both the legal and technical aspects of our resources clients’ requirements.Send a Message
Prior to joining Finlaysons, Jane worked as both a mine and exploration geologist for a number of ASX listed companies where she undertook a range of work including project generation, core logging, drill rig supervision, geological mapping and data interpretation. Her experience and insight in resources and project work complements and enhances her legal expertise.
Jane has worked on a variety of resources industry matters including native title and Aboriginal heritage matters.
Jane is particularly experienced in:
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on heritage agreements and native title mining agreements for resources and energy projects.
- Advising clients on the law and obligations under the Aboriginal Heritage Act 1988 (SA) and Native Title Act 1993 (Cth).
- Advising on major project implementation within the resources and energy sectors, including project approvals and licensing, land tenure and access arrangements, statutory requirements and regulatory compliance.
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on commercial contracts with particular focus on the resources industry.
Jane’s regular clients include major companies within the resources and energy sectors and she has also acted as in-house counsel on extended secondments to a leading SA-based mining company, assisting with project approvals and land access documentation.
Jane's ExpertiseSee all +
- Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy Member (Former Adelaide Branch Committee Member)
- Australian Institute of Energy SA Branch Member
- Law Society of South Australia Member
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Science - (Geology) Honours
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice