Andrew is Finlaysons’ Managing Partner. In this role he leads the development and implementation of the firm’s business objectives and strategic direction. Andrew is also the head of Finlaysons’ Resources Team, and an integral member of the firm’s Corporate and Energy Teams.Send a Message
Andrew’s regular clients include major companies within the resources and energy sectors and he has also acted as in-house counsel on extended secondment to a leading ASX-listed oil and gas producer.
Having been involved in a range of complex transactional and advisory work for ASX listed, private and government entities throughout Australia and internationally, Andrew is particularly experienced in:
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on significant commercial contracts (including in relation to procurement and supply arrangements, construction and development) across a variety of industries, with a particular focus on resources, energy and mining services.
- Acting in relation to acquisitions and disposals, mergers, corporate restructures, joint ventures and farm-in arrangements.
- Advising on major project implementation within the resources and energy sectors, including project approvals and licensing, land tenure and access arrangements, statutory requirements and regulatory compliance.
- Providing advice in relation to Australia’s foreign investment regime, the ASX Listing Rules, Corporations Act requirements, corporate governance, the personal property securities regime and the Australian financial services licensing regime.
Prior to joining Finlaysons, Andrew worked as a forensic accountant at a chartered accounting firm, where he undertook a range of work including conducting valuations, financial reconstructions and fraud investigations. His experience and insight in accounting and finance complements and enhances his significant legal expertise.
Andrew's ExpertiseSee all +
- Australian Mining and Petroleum Law Association (AMPLA) Member
- Vice-President of the Committee of the South Australian Branch of AMPLA Limited
- Law Council of Australia, Business Law Section – Corporations Committee Member
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons)
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
- Graduate Diploma of Applied Finance
- Lawyer of the Year (Best Lawyers) Oil and Gas Law 2022
- Best Lawyers, Commercial Law 2019 - current
- Best Lawyers, Corporate Law 2019 - current
- Best Lawyers, Mining Law 2019 - current
- Best Lawyers, Natural Resources Law 2022 - current
- Doyles Guide, Leading Energy & Resources Lawyer 2019