Will Taylor is the head of Finlaysons renowned Wine Group, which he constituted in the early 1990’s. He has been instrumental in establishing Finlaysons as Australia’s leading law firm in the Australian wine sector.Send a Message
Will Taylor has vast experience and personal involvement in the sector has led to him being a trusted and respected advisor.
Will is a vigneron himself, having operated Will Taylor Wines with his wife for well over 20 years. He is also on the board of an independent leading Australian wine business. He therefore has a deep understanding of the issues confronting wine businesses, having experienced such issues on personal account.
Will spends a lot of his time travelling and working in various viticultural regions of Australia. As a result, clients benefit from relevant and practical advice from Will.
Will and the Finlaysons Wine Group provide a full commercial legal service to a wine business of any nature or size. They include amongst their clients some of the largest beverage alcohol companies in the world, through to a wide selection of SME’s and a whole mass of small family wine businesses. They act for a number of foreign clients, as well as wineries all over Australia.
Will’s major areas of practice include mergers & acquisitions, business structuring, business succession and buying and selling of wineries, vineyards and brands. Much of his work involves advising concerning and documenting grape procurement and distribution strategies (including in China, USA and other foreign markets for Australian wine). He and his team also draft many processing, bottling and wine supply agreements and advise concerning new product development and labelling issues.
Will's ExpertiseSee all +
- Director of Henschke Cellars Pty Ltd
- Wine Australia Legislation Review Committee Member
- Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia SA Board Member
- Main Committee Member of The Adelaide Club
- Chairman of the Wine Subcommittee of The Adelaide Club
- Committee of Management of Australasian Chapter of International Wine Law Association Member
- Australian Grape & Wine Member
- South Australian Wine Industry Association Member
- Australian Institute of Company Directors Member
- Financial Services Institute of Australasia (Life Member)
- Past President of the Australasian Chapter of the International Wine Law Association and a former Member of the association's International Board
- Former Member of Council of Governors of St Peter's College
- Former SA President and Member of National Board of Securities Institute of Australia
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Economics
- Master of Laws (Companies and Securities)
- Graduate Diploma of the Securities Institute of Australia (dux SA Division)
- Best Lawyers, Commercial Law 2014 - current
- Best Lawyers, Corporate / Governance Practice 2018 - current
- Best Lawyers, Corporate Law 2017 - current
- Doyles Guide, Leading Agribusiness lawyer 2019 - current
- Doyles Guide, Leading Commercial Lawyer 2019 - current