Kathryn is joint head of our market-leading Insurance practice area. With over 30 years of experience in all areas of insurance and civil litigation, Kathryn specialises in defending catastrophic motor accident claims, fraudulent claims, medical negligence and malpractice claims, and public liability and asbestos exposure claims.Send a Message
Kathryn advises clients on complaints in the medical arena in particular complaints to the Health and Community Services Complaints Commission (HCSCC), as well as managing regulatory issues through AHPRA.
For Kathryn, forming and maintaining relationships is integral to finding sound outcomes for her clients. Her personable nature has helped her build long term relationships with people throughout the private and public sector and enables her to obtain excellent results in complex matters.
Kathryn has managed high profile litigation and coronial inquests and regularly advises on risk management strategies for the health sector. Kathryn also has experience training law graduates in civil procedures, negotiation and advocacy skills.
Clients relate to Kathryn and find her accessible and reliable, with a depth of knowledge about the nature of their work. Kathryn always works in her clients’ best interests to protect their reputation and minimise future risk and advises them on strategies and approaches they can adopt to deal with problems in the future.
Kathryn's ExpertiseSee all +
- Australian Insurance Law Association (AILA) Member
- Former Board Member Wesley Uniting (Bowden Brompton)
- Former member of SA Legal Practitioners Disciplinary Tribunal
- Bachelor of Laws
- Best Lawyers, Lawyer of the Year (SA) Insurance Law 2020
- Best Lawyers, Health & Aged Care Law 2008 - current
- Best Lawyers, Insurance Law 2014 - current
- Best Lawyers, Medical Negligence 2017 - current
- Doyles Guide, Medical Negligence & Malpractice Lawyers (Defendant) 2016 - current
- Doyles Guide, Third Party Insurance Lawyers (Defendant) 2016 - current