Insurance, Employment & Workplace Safety
Jessie is an Associate within the Insurance and Workplace team. Having previously worked with the South Australian Government, Jessie has rare trial experience and significant understanding across a wide range of matters. Experience which she funnels into how she conducts her work today.
Jessie is a real advocate for her clients. She believes that communication is key and has a calm and pragmatic approach, always viewing challenges from a problem solving perspective. Her clients truly value that Jessie will always see the bigger picture. Jessie makes it a priority to truly get to know the client, as litigation often has ramifications for clients beyond the outcome of that particular case.
- Provided advice and assisted counsel in relation to the interpretation of section 7 of the Return to Work Act 2014, in particular, the meaning of a significant contributing cause.
- Acted for self-insured employers in relation to claims for compensation in the SA Employment Tribunal.
- Acted for government department in relation to complex claims for serious injury under the Return to Work Act including issues of combination of multiple injuries.
- Acted as counsel on contested interlocutory applications.
- Acted Compulsory Third Party Insurers in defence of personal injury claims following motor vehicle accidents.
- Acted for Various clients in relation to defamation matters including claims arising from electronic publications and social media.