Jessie is an Associate within the Insurance and Workplace team. Having previously worked with the South Australian Government, Jessie has significant trial experience and understanding across a wide range of matters. Experience which she funnels into how she conducts her work today.Send a Message
Jessie is a real advocate for her clients. She believes that communication is key and has a calm and pragmatic approach, always viewing challenges from a problem solving perspective.
Her clients truly value that Jessie will always see the bigger picture. Jessie makes it a priority to truly get to know the client, as litigation often has ramifications for clients beyond the outcome of that particular case.
- Provided advice and assisted counsel in relation to the interpretation of section 7 of the Return to Work Act 2014, in particular, the meaning of a significant contributing cause.
- Acted for self-insured employers in relation to claims for compensation in the SA Employment Tribunal.
- Acted for government department in relation to complex claims for serious injury under the Return to Work Act including issues of combination of multiple injuries.
- Acted as counsel on contested interlocutory applications.
- Acted Compulsory Third Party Insurers in defence of personal injury claims following motor vehicle accidents.
- Acted for Various clients in relation to defamation matters including claims arising from electronic publications and social media.
Jessie's ExpertiseSee all +
- Law Society of South Australia
- Chair of the Northern Community Legal Service
- Bachelor of Laws & Legal Practice
- Bachelor of International Studies (Honours) (Asian Studies)