Sam has over 10 years’ experience working for large international and local building companies, developers, engineers, civil contractors, rail organisations and government departments.
He is recognised as one of the country’s Best Lawyers in construction/infrastructure law.
Sam assists his clients in the preparation and negotiation of construction contracts, construction management advice and in the resolution and handling of disputes.
Sam has provided training to a number of civil and commercial building companies, industry associations and government departments, on topics and issues pertinent to the construction industry, most recently on how to mitigate risks in drafting and managing construction contracts (including in the wake of COVID-19).
Sam has experience in complex and high-profile construction projects. His experience includes:
- Acting for a Government Department to prepare contracts for the construction and redevelopment of various major highway, roadwork and bridge construction projects, and providing associated procurement and contract delivery and management advice.
- Acting for a multi national company in relation to a multi party litigation involving the redevelopment of a hospital.
- Advising a multi national technology company in relation to disputes involving the construction of a prison.
- Advising a Government Department in relation to disputes involving the construction of an international marine supply base and separately in relation to the expansion of a mineral export facility.
- Acting for large construction companies in litigation and alternative dispute proceedings (arbitrations, expert determinations and adjudications).
- Advising organisations in relation to the preparation and negotiation of contracts for high rise commercial buildings and residential apartments.
- Acting for residential builders and home owners in the drafting of residential building contracts and the prosecution and resolution of disputes.
Sam's ExpertiseSee all +
- Law Council, Business Law Section, Construction and Infrastructure Law Committee
- Australian Institute of Building member
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons)
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Best lawyers, Construction/Infrastructure law 2020-current
- Doyle’s Guide, Front end Construction and Infrastructure Lawyer 2017-current
- Doyles Guide, Construction and Infrastructure Litigation Lawyer 2017-current