Tim has over 20 years’ experience as a corporate and commercial lawyer, with deep experience working in complex legal and regulatory environments.
Tim’s experience includes working in top tier law firms, successfully owning and operating a private practice, and working as a senior lawyer in inhouse legal teams. Tim’s broad background allows him to understand and identify key business and project level risks across a range of industries.
Recently, Tim has worked in the inhouse legal team at the owner and operator of South Australia’s high voltage electricity transmission network, advising on regulated and unregulated projects, including the development and construction of electricity transmission major projects.
ENERGY & RENEWABLES EXPERIENCE
Tim has considerable experience in the development and grid-connection of large-scale wind and solar farms, and battery projects, advising on a range of transmission network service provider-related legal issues including:
- transmission connection agreements;
- transmission network maintenance service contracts;
- procurement and contracting, including advising on procurement strategies and the drafting and negotiating of procurement-related documentation and contracts;
- compliance with the Chapter 5 connection process under the National Electricity Rules,
- application of amended Security of Critical Infrastructure laws; and
- Foreign Investment Review Board (FIRB) notifications, approvals and compliance issues.
CONSTRUCTION & MAJOR PROJECTS EXPERIENCE
Tim also has significant experience advising on the design and construction of electricity transmission projects, having advised the owner and operator of South Australia’s high voltage electricity transmission network in relation to:
- OZ Minerals’ Prominent Hill Connection Project, involving the construction of a new 275kV transmission line to the Prominent Hill mine site;
- Synchronous Condensers Project, involving the construction of four large synchronous condenser units, two at Davenport and two at Robertstown, South Australia;
- Eyre Peninsula Link, involving the construction of a new, double-circuit 132kV transmission line from Cultana to Port Lincoln, via Yadnarie; and
- Project Energy Connect, involving the construction of a new 330kV electricity interconnector between SA and NSW.