Prior to joining Finlaysons in 2019, Rebecca worked as an in-house legal associate within a technology company, giving her significant experience in proposing pragmatic solutions and the implementation of effective business strategies across multiple facets of a dynamic business.
Rebecca’s work within Banking & Finance and Corporate & Commercial teams, has included working on matters of local, national and international importance across property, educational and banking industries, defence as well as for private businesses.
Rebecca’s experience includes due diligence investigations and subsequent corporate restructuring, the advisement and drafting of various applicable documentations required for clients including, commercial contracts, and company policies and is proficient in the preparation and lodgement of property and security dealings.
Rebecca has also undertaken various client secondments in which she has advised on a range of issues including supply and procurement contracts, software licence agreements, sponsorship agreements, consultancy agreements and subcontract agreements.
CORPORATE & COMMERCIAL
- Reviewing, advising, negotiating (including the use of negotiation dossiers) and drafting amendments to a wide range of supply and procurement contracts with third party service providers, ranging from procurement of training services to procurement of software
- Managing, negotiating and advising on an agreement for the provision of a comprehensive range of integrated distribution and strategic sourcing services
- Provision of support in the internal reorganisation of a corporate group, involving the consolidation and integration of the business and undertakings of a number of wholly-owned operating subsidiaries. This included the creation and management of project documents, the facilitation and management of the due diligence exercise and post-completion matters
- Assistance in advising upon and drafting the necessary documentation for a multi-million dollar share sale transaction, including escrow arrangements
- Assistance in reviewing and advising upon Commonwealth and State funding agreements, collaborative research agreements, participants agreements and project agreements for co-operative research centres co-funded by the Commonwealth Government and industry
- Advising on Board and governance matters including preparing materials for annual general meetings and advising on changes to financial year ends for incorporated associations
- Assistance in drafting the necessary documentation to establish a new entity and unit trust, including preparation of an associated assets sale agreement, licence agreement and loan agreement
- Assistance in advising on commercial precedents for use within a tertiary institution, including in connection with major tender submission
- Provision of legal advice to a foreign entity on enforceability of a distribution agreement in South Australia
- Reviewing, negotiating and proposing amendments to statements of work, service level agreements, master agreements and fair use policies associated with IT contracts
- Reviewing and advising upon IT cloud subscription, hosting and software licence agreements
- Undertaking due diligence of end user software licence agreements as part of a due diligence review for an asset purchase
- Management of the legal aspects of a client’s technology portfolio, including reviewing and advising on software licence agreements and device agreements and drafting terms and conditions of use for website access
BANKING & FINANCE
- Assistance in preparing facility agreements, security documentation (mortgages over real property in South Australia, mortgages over fishing licences, general security deeds and specific security deeds for Personal Property Securities Act purposes) and guarantees and indemnities for financial institutions and other businesses
- Attendance upon the registration of the relevant security interest (preparing and lodging mortgages over real property in South Australia on PEXA (online conveyancing platform) and Personal Property Securities Register registrations
- Assistance in advising on Personal Property Securities Act matters for financial institutions and other businesses, including conducting a due diligence review of PPSR registrations for an asset purchase