Jeremy heads up our Corporate and Energy practice areas. He has a broad range of experience in disposals, mergers and acquisitions and also advises Australian and overseas companies on establishing and financing corporate vehicles and joint ventures, licensing requirements, Corporations Act requirements and ASX Listing Rules requirements.Send a Message
With a clear business focus and strong community spirit, Jeremy enjoys seeing his clients’ projects through their entire lifespan. By structuring projects appropriately and employing risk management strategies, he secures positive outcomes for his clients and the wider community.
Jeremy is a practical thinker and his approach is underpinned by strong communication with clients, reassuring them that he respects and works to their timelines. His practical edge is also demonstrated through a number of board appointments.
His experience in the energy sector is unrivalled. Jeremy was Managing Partner when Finlaysons provided advice on the $5 billion privatisation of South Australia’s electricity service.
In recent years, Jeremy has focused primarily on the renewable energy sector and acted directly in the establishment of South Australia’s first private wind farm project. He has advised in more than a dozen wind farm developments since, including the Snowtown Wind Farm project stages 1 and 2.
As renewable energy project types have diversified, Jeremy’s practice has extended to advising on utility scale solar, hybrid, hydrogen and storage projects; and advising on generation in distributed networks, and has also advised geothermal plant developers on generation, transmission and distribution requirements.
Also working in the health sector, Jeremy provided advice on mergers, acquisitions and financing in the formation of Adelaide Community Healthcare Alliance Inc. and subsequent transactions relating to its hospital operations, including the co-located Flinders Private Hospital.
Jeremy's ExpertiseSee all +
- Australian Institute of Company Directors Fellow
- Australian Naval Infrastructure Pty Ltd (Non-Executive) Director
- Australian Institute of Energy Board Member
- Australian Institute of Energy (SA Branch) Committee Member
- Chair of Saint Peter’s Girls’ School Board of Governors
- Chair of the Les Favell Cricket Foundation
- Clean Energy Council Founding Board Member
- Co-Author of Thomson Reuters, Stamp Duties SA
- Lisa Fahey Foundation Inc. Board Member
- RUAG Australia Pty Ltd (Non-Executive) Director & Company Secretary
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons)
- Master of Laws (Environment)
- The Official Global 100, Energy Lawyer of the Year Australia 2017
- M&A Today Global Award, Australian Energy Lawyer of the Year 2015
- Best Lawyers, Corporate/Governance Practice 2021
- Best Lawyers, Corporate Law 2016 - current
- Best Lawyers, Energy Law 2013 - current
- Best Lawyers, Health and Aged Care Law 2017 - current
- Best Lawyers, Mergers and Acquisitions Law 2017 - current
- Doyles Guide, Leading Commercial Lawyer 2019 - current