Austin is a driven and commercially-focused legal professional, whose in depth knowledge and genuine approach has established strong working relationships with clients.
In 2015, he was formally recognised for his expertise and ability, being named Property and Real Estate “Rising Star” in the respected Doyles Guide. Since then, he has become a leader in Finlaysons’ Property and Development team, providing astute advice on construction, development, general property and commercial matters.Send a Message
Austin’s pragmatic approach makes him a valued legal advisor to clients, who know that they can rely on him to deliver timely advice on complex issues.
Austin’s significant experience includes:
- Preparing and negotiating leasing documentation for retail, office and industrial sites;
- Advising a listed winemaker on the sale and acquisition of businesses and real estate across Australia;
- Developing a suite of contracts, policies and procedures for a retirement village, in anticipation of changes to retirement village laws in South Australia;
- Assisting financiers and insolvency practitioners in the sale of distressed assets;
- Advising on the purchase, division and development of large-scale residential and commercial sites;
- Preparing and negotiating construction contracts for principals, head-contractors and sub-contractors;
- Advising a significant international corporation in negotiations for the purchase of a high-profile government office; and
- Providing legal advice and assistance to financiers of major projects such as property developments, windfarms and commercial office buildings.
More from Austin Wakeham
From Law Clerk to Partner – Latest Promotions Announced
Finlaysons Lawyers are pleased to announce the promotions of two Special Counsel to partnership and four…Read More