“Our clients know us as trusted advisors. We’ve developed many long-term working relationships based on mutual respect and the common goal of meeting clients’ commercial objectives.”
Our tenacious and talented Corporate team continues to punch above its weight in South Australia and beyond. We are a market leader, operating effectively in the national marketplace for local companies as well as interstate clients.
Our experienced, approachable and well-resourced team can handle everything from the day-to-day commercial issues of SA-based businesses to co-ordinating complex overseas transactions for multinational companies. We work in partnership with you to help achieve your commercial goals.
We advise on a wide range of company law and corporate finance issues for private and public companies at state, national and international levels. We’re experienced in all aspects of mergers and acquisitions, conducting compliance reviews and acting for companies during divestment procedures. We advise clients on the Corporations Act and ASX Listing Rules and restructures, including share transactions, asset transfers, taxation and stamp duty ramifications.
We’ve acted for clients in numerous major acquisitions, including Brown Brothers’ acquisition of Tamar Ridge Estates. In 2012, we advised ASX-listed IMX Resources Limited on its merger with the Canadian-listed company, Continental Nickel Limited. We also recently advised the South Australian Cricket Association Inc. on amendments to its constitution and other aspects related to the redevelopment of the Adelaide Oval.
We have built strong links with industry through our government and private sector networks and contribute positively to the corporate sector through representation on industry bodies.Download Information Sheet
Our areas of expertise include:
- mergers and acquisitions (including inbound and outbound investment into and from Australia, FIRB and other regulatory issues) - click here for a list of our recent mergers and acquisitions
- Corporations Act
- ASX Listed Companies (including ASX Listing Rules) public and private companies
- investment funds and managed investment schemes (including Australian Financial Services Licensing)
- securities issues (prospectus and exempt offerings)
- corporate debt finance
- takeovers and capital reconstructions
- sale and purchase of shares, shareholder agreements and employee share schemes
- director liabilities and board responsibilities
- corporate governance issues
- statutory reporting
Awards & Recognition
Doyle’s Guide to the Australian Legal Profession
Leading Corporate Law Firm – South Australia 2012