Ready to take the first step into a fulfilling career in law?
Applications are now closed for our 2018 Clerkship Program.
We pride ourselves on providing a learning experience that is genuinely distinctive.
Our unique, 12 month clerkship program offers the perfect balance between structured guidance and independence. Within each of our departments, you’ll receive an expert coach and mentor to guide you through a range of learning opportunities, with hands-on experience, job shadowing and formal training.
- We work with you to find the ideal balance between your study and clerkship commitments.
- Experience diverse practice areas, including Commercial, Litigation and Property.
- Have a dedicated mentor within each of our departments to guide and coach you.
- Contribute valuable work, including research, drafting documents, attending briefings and working directly with clients.
- Be part of a hard working, committed team of experienced law professionals.
“Applying for the Finlaysons clerkship program is by far the best career choice I’ve made to date. The program exposed me to areas of law that I had not contemplated but ended up really enjoying. It is very well structured, with a mentor to ensure that you receive varied and interesting work and a buddy to be your ‘go-to’ practitioner for any question you may have. I was fortunate enough to be offered a full-time permanent position as a lawyer at the conclusion of my clerkship and remain working as a lawyer in the corporate department.”
Alicia Jennison, Graduate Lawyer
How To Apply
We are a diverse employer drawing upon differing experiences and educational backgrounds to present our clients with well rounded legal and commercial solutions.
Your application must be submitted via the link below and must include a:
- Cover letter;
- CV; and
- Most recent academic transcript/s.
In addition, you will be required to complete contact and personal information as well as a pre-interview screening questionnaire.
Please note that applications are now closed for our 2018 Clerkship Program. For further enquiries, call People and Development on 08 8235 7400.