Educational and research institutions have their own unique set of challenging issues. Finlaysons understands that the commercial and regulatory environment is complex and "red tape" is difficult to unravel. That is why we have a dedicated team to assist your institutions to understand, comply and flourish in a demanding legal environment.Download Information Sheet
Our areas of expertise include:
• Drafting and negotiating constitutions, shareholders agreements, participants agreements, Commonwealth and
State government funding agreements.
• Acting in disputes regarding the control and treatment
of research funding.
• Advising on Auditor-General investigations regarding
the expenditure of public funds.
• Advising on secondment arrangements.
• Drafting employment contracts in a wide range of
• Drafting and negotiating IP licences and
• Advising multinational research-based entities on patent strategies and enforcement.
Property and infrastructure
• Negotiating and drafting major design and construction contracts.
• Advising on acquisitions, disposals, divisions and approval processes (including in respect of shopping centres and
• Due diligence on property acquisitions and disposals.
• Advising on taxation requirements (including CGT, GST
and income tax) for not-for-profit organisations.
• Advising companies limited by guarantee on eligibility for various payroll and Commonwealth tax concessions (including DGR and tax exempt status).