Kirsten is a Partner in our Dispute Resolution and Litigation team. She is an experienced commercial litigator, who has represented clients in commercial disputes involving a range of industries, and also provides strategic risk management assistance and advice.Send a Message
Kirsten works with clients across a range of sectors, including financial services, energy and resources, property / infrastructure, construction and engineering, wine, defence and education and research.
Kirsten has conducted contractual disputes, joint venture disputes, company, director and shareholder disputes, matters involving the Corporations Act, Australian Competition and Consumer Law, ASIC Act, misleading and deceptive conduct claims, professional liability / negligence claims, breaches of directors duties, debt recovery / enforcement of security actions, proceedings involving statutory offences / prosecutions, urgent injunction and Freezing Order applications (and resulting proceedings) and advised on administrative law (including judicial review) and regulatory issues.
Kirsten also assists clients to mitigate the risks associated with potential disputes and provides risk management and corporate governance advice.
In addition to her general commercial disputes practice, Kirsten advises on intellectual property infringements and disputes.
Kirsten provides clients with commercially-focused strategic advice. She recognises that understanding a client’s business or industry is critical to achieving the best outcomes. Kirsten is proactive and pragmatic, with a strong client service focus. Her technical and project management skills and diligence deliver results.
Kirsten ‘s experience spans the High Court, Federal Court, Supreme, District and Magistrates’ Courts, as well as the Administrative Appeals Tribunal. She is also skilled in the effective deployment of alternative dispute resolution (ADR) processes such as mediation, arbitration and expert determination.
She has completed secondments within a major listed resources company and a State sporting organisation.
Examples of matters that Kirsten has conducted include:
- a high profile successful High Court appeal;
- a multi-million dollar property development dispute;
- multi-party, multi jurisdiction product liability proceedings, triggered by a large-scale international product recall;
- disputes involving managed investment schemes and financial services;
- key aspects of major gas price arbitrations;
- urgent injunctive and related proceedings in connection with improper acquisition and use of confidential information;
- critical incident and risk management advice following a fatality;
- joint venture disputes;
- trade mark and copyright infringement advice and disputes;
- review and development of Constitutions, by-laws, policies and procedures, with a risk management and corporate governance focus;
- administrative appeal proceedings;
- advice in connection with Select Committee Inquiries.
Kirsten's ExpertiseSee all +
- Intellectual Property Society of Australian and New Zealand Member
- Wine Industry Suppliers Australia Member
- Golden Key International Honour Society Member
- Bachelor of Laws and Legal Practice (First Class Hons)
- Admitted in the High Court
- Best Lawyers, Alternative Dispute Resolution 2018 - current
- Doyles Guide, Commercial Litigation & Dispute Resolution Lawyers, 2016, 2018