Andrew is one of only a handful of lawyers in South Australia experienced in working with large international banks and major financial institutions. His clients include major companies Australia wide across a number of industries. Andrew has been a part of some of South Australia’s largest financing transactions to date.
For Andrew, every transaction is an opportunity to exceed his clients’ expectations. Thriving in the cut and thrust of commercial banking and finance, Andrew goes the extra yard to complete complex transactions precisely, promptly and with no fuss.
With specialist skills in a range of corporate finance areas, Andrew acts for lenders, investors, borrowers, issuers, vendors and purchasers – often against first tier firms from interstate. Andrew negotiates facility terms and associated security structures, prepares guarantees, indemnities and letters of comfort as well as providing advice on International Swaps and Derivatives Association (ISDA) based transactions. He is also experienced in undertaking due diligence exercises for purchasers of businesses and assets in Australia and negotiating Foreign Investment Review Board (FIRB) approval for overseas clients acquiring businesses and assets.
Andrew knows that Finlaysons’ longevity relies on staying ahead of industry trends and constantly evolving to ensure we’re always meeting and exceeding our clients’ needs.
Andrew's ExpertiseSee all +
- Banking and Financial Services Law Association Member
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons)
- Bachelor of Economics
- Master of Laws
- Lawyer of the Year, Best Lawyers, Project Finance and Development Practice 2022
- Lawyer of the Year, Best Lawyers, Banking & Finance 2020
- Best Lawyers, Asset Finance Law 2017 - current
- Best Lawyers, Banking & Finance Law 2014 - current
- Best Lawyers, Debt Capital Markets Law 2016 - current
- Best Lawyers, Equipment Finance Law 2017 - current
- Best Lawyers, Project Finance and Development Practice 2013 - current
- Best Lawyers, Structured Finance Law 2014 - current