During his time at Finlaysons, Anastaci has been involved in the drafting and review of a variety of commercial documents such as contracts, deeds of variation and trust deeds as well as assisting partners in research on a wide range of matters.
Prior to moving to Finlaysons, Anastaci worked on insurance matters where he regularly provided advice to Australian and overseas insurers on professional indemnity and liability claims. Anastaci also has experience in criminal law and wills and estates matters.
Anastaci has acted for clients involved in both general commercial and insurance litigation in the South Australian Magistrates, District and Supreme Courts and the South Australian Employment Tribunal.
- Drafting of general commercial documents including contracts, agreements, deeds of variation and trust deeds
- Drafting of documents for use in commercial litigation including pleadings, affidavits, client statements, freezing orders and IP Australia trademark documentation
- Appearing before the Magistrates, District and Federal Courts in winding-up applications and opposition, trial, conciliation conferences, summary judgment applications and general directions hearings
- Acting for Australian and overseas insurers (including Lloyd’s syndicates, Allianz, Zurich and the IAG group) claims management agencies and self-insured organisations in professional indemnity and general liability claims
- Providing complex and detailed advices to clients and underwriters on indemnity, policy construction, liability, quantum, and reserves
- Appearing before the Magistrates and District Courts in both liability and property damage claims
- Attending settlement conferences and mediations in the Magistrates and District Courts and resolving matters through negotiation
- Drafting of Court documents in commercial insurance litigation matters including pleadings, affidavits, and client statements
WILLS & ESTATES
- Drafting of basic Wills, Enduring Powers of Attorney and Advance Care Directives
- Drafting and lodging of Probate/Letters of Administration Applications in the Supreme Court of South Australia
- Advising clients in respect of their Probate Application and potential risks of inheritance claims