“We want to help clients understand the challenges and opportunities surrounding intellectual property, technology and media. We help position our clients commercially and legally to take full advantage of all possibilities.”
The business world increasingly realises that capitalising on intangible assets like intellectual property and know-how is as important as investing in physical assets.
We combine extensive industry experience with a fresh and innovative approach, to identify options and create opportunities. We give you the practical advice and solutions you need to adapt to and drive change in your business and the global business environment.
We have the expertise, insight and technical understanding needed to maintain a 'big picture' commercial outlook, as well as an eye for detail. Our enthusiastic and astute team is approachable, responsive and often at the cutting edge of developments in our field. We make sure that we understand your business and industry and provide commercially-based, no-nonsense advice that you can understand and apply.
Our multi-disciplined team has strong technical knowledge and experience spanning a wide range of industries. We act for clients in defence, media and communications, publications, health and fitness, pharmaceuticals, biosciences and medical devices, energy, software, online business, food and manufacturing. We’re particularly strong in computing and biotechnology and have handled complex and technical matters in these sectors in national and international markets.
Our team also advises on collaborative research and sponsorship agreements involving industry participants, Australian universities and government bodies.Download Information Sheet
Our areas of expertise include:
- patents, inventions and technology
- brands, trademarks and trade names
- marketing, media and copyright
- know-how, trade secrets and confidential information
- anti-counterfeiting, plagiarism and parallel imports
- designs and product get-up/trade dress
- protection and enforcement of rights, including dispute management and resolution and litigation
- commercialisation, including licensing, franchising, transfers, acquisitions, disposals, joint ventures and dealings with IP rights
- knowledge management, audits and due diligence involving IP rights
- e-commerce, website development and design issues