Our astute team understands the importance of planning for the future.
Our Family Business team’s aim is to help you achieve your financial objectives for the future and make sure transitions are tax effective, flexible and provide you with peace of mind.
Family businesses have their own unique set of challenging issues. Finlaysons understands that the law is complex enough and “red tape” is difficult to unravel. That is why we have a dedicated team to assist you and your family business to understand, comply and flourish in a demanding legal environment.
Our team can draw on both their legal and personal experience to assist you and your family. Whether the issue is looking at the best business structure for you, asset protection, wealth management or succession planning, we can help you.
Establishing, purchasing or expanding a business involves due diligence and planning. Sale and purchase documentation as well as Government regulatory compliance needs to be addressed. Employment arrangements need to be secure and compliant. We can address all of these issues.
Ongoing commercial advice, contractual documentation and tax planning are regular occurrences and we have an experienced team that can address all of these issues. Being proactive in these areas can free up your time and money to help grow your business whilst it avoids penalties and costly disputes.
By focussing on your needs, with specialist advice we can work with you to build, grow and maintain your family business.Download Information Sheet
Our areas of expertise include:
• advising in relation to appropriate business structures
• advising on the sale and purchase of businesses
• preparation of all necessary documentation including partnership agreements and trust deeds
• advising on employer/employee obligations
• taxation and superannuation advice
• advice in relation to regulatory issues including WorkCover, payroll tax and SafeWork
• business succession and estate planning
Family Business Australia