Chinese Investors Doing Business in Australia
If you would like to invest in Australia, you need a trusted legal adviser with local knowledge.
Finlaysons is one of Australia’s oldest & most respected law firms.
Finlaysons can help you:
- comply with Foreign Investment Review Board (FIRB), Corporations Law, Immigration Law, Labour Law and Taxation Law
- set up business structures including companies, trusts, joint ventures
- liaise with government.
Finlaysons provides advice in all areas of law, but has special expertise in:
- agribusiness, food & dairy, seafood
- clean (renewable) energy
- mining, oil & gas
- next generation IT
- property - residential & commercial real estate/development
- tax & superannuation (pensions)
Finlaysons can also assist you with non-legal services and arrange accounting, education and translation services.
Recent China assignments include:
- acting for Australian winery selling 50% interest to Chinese partner, and subsequently acting for joint venture for wine production & Chinese distribution
- assisting Chinese investor acquire interests in Australian vineyards and equity stake in Australian winemaker
- helping Australian winemakers distribute wine in China
- acting for Australian/Chinese uranium mining joint venture
- assisting Chinese private investors in acquisition of minerals sands deposit, including negotiation with landowners
- supporting Chinese investor to develop & sell high-density residential apartment and multi-use property development in CBD
- advising Chinese investor on Australian tax consequences of various structures for investment in Australian property
- advising Chinese national on Australian tax consequences of owning business interests in China through Hong Kong
- advising Chinese investors on Australian consequences of establishing a Hong Kong company to purchase & distribute primary produce in China
For further information, please contact Michael Butler: Partner in Charge, Finlaysons China Team: +61 8 8235 7400 or email@example.com.