- Direct Line: +618 8941 7311
- Fax Number: +618 8941 2636
- Mobile: +61 8 407 108878
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Areas of Expertise
"Set out the rights and obligations in a clearly drafted contract at the beginning and reduce the risk of disputes later."
Michael Chin commenced private legal practice in Darwin in 2002, he developed a wide general practice including preparing and advising on contracts, commercial litigation, commercial leasing, business sale agreements, conveyancing, wills and probate, employment law, traffic charges and criminal law. He is client focused and "street smart" but is fair in acting for clients.
Michaels also has had 20 years’ experience as a government lawyer in the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet, the Australian Government Solicitor, the Australian Taxation Office, the ACT Government Solicitor and the National Capital Authority in Canberra and the NT Department of Justice in Darwin.
He has extensive experience in preparing construction contracts, advising on construction contract management, competitive tendering and contracting processes for major construction projects and is knowledgeable in preparing customised contracts based on industry standard contracts. He has the ability to apply industry standard contracts by preparing special conditions of contract or contract conditions of particular application to the general conditions of industry standard contracts and advises on contract management issues including claims for variations, delay costs and extensions of time.
Michael advises on:
• construction contracts
• preparation and interpretation of legislation, including review and amendment of the corporations law and taxation laws
• preparation and interpretation of contracts between government and the private sector
• government competitive tendering and contracting processes
• planning law, land management and development
• risk management and risk allocation in contracts
• Australian Workplace Agreements, employment contracts and remuneration packaging
• joint ventures between government and the private sector for off budget financing of land servicing and development
• corporatisation of government business enterprises, including ACTTAB Ltd, Totalcare Ltd & CIT Solutions Pty Ltd
• consultancy services contracts on a wide range of matters, by the Australian Government, the largest consumer of consultancy services in the country.Download Profile Sheet