Partner in Charge - Darwin
Martin is the Partner in charge of our Darwin Practice and a member of both our Property & Development and Corporate & Commercial teams.
Admitted to the Supreme Court of New South Wales in 2006, Martin has worked with Clayton Utz and Cridlands MB prior to joining Finlaysons this year. He has been practising in the Northern Territory for over 9 years.
Martin specialises in property and development law and advises on leasing and commercial building acquisitions and disposals. He is an expert on tenure and the freehold land register maintained by the Land Titles Office, Northern Territory.
Martin is regularly involved in commercial contractual arrangements with ASX listed companies, statutory corporations, government agencies and large private sector investors. He has extensive experience in high volume retail and office leasing in addition to complex, specialist one-off commercial leasing transactions.
Martin also acts in industrial and telecommunications infrastructure leasing and advises clients on business sale and franchising transactions.
- Acting for a renewal energy provider in respect of development and lease of several sites at Ayers Rock for solar energy production;
- Acting for Darwin International Airport in development and lease of entertainment and retail precinct;
- Providing NT property and stamp duty law advice to a publicly listed property trust in connection with the acquisition of the Territory’s largest shopping complex;
- Facilitating purchase of Ayers Rock Resort by the Indigenous Land Corporation;
- Providing legal services to a large Darwin based building owner in respect of all “office” use leasing requirements and projects;
- Providing legal services to a local shopping centre owner in respect of all “retail” and “office” use leasing requirements and projects;
- Acting in respect of proposed sale of S Kidman and Co. NT land assets;
- Acting for the Northern Territory of Australia in the development and lease of Royal Darwin Hospital’s Daily Grind RDH Café.
- Director, Sports Access Foundation
- Chairman, South Darwin Sporting League
- Committee Member, Retail Committee, Property Council of Australia NT Division