Partner, Darwin Office
Michael Chin is the resident partner in the Darwin office. He is from a long standing Darwin family and has a wide network of contacts in government and the private sector both in Darwin and Canberra and a growing network in China. He is available to co-ordinate Finlaysons delivery of legal services in Darwin.
In the previous 20 years he was a government lawyer in central government departments in the Parliamentary triangle in Canberra specialising in advising Ministers and government agencies in relation to:
- competitive tendering and contracting processes and the law;
- construction law;
- Defence procurement contracts;
- land planning and development;
- services contracts;
- dealings between government and the private sector;
- joint ventures for land servicing and development;
- corporatisation of government business enterprises;
- taxation and business law;
- government employment law and remuneration packaging services agreements; and
- statutory provisions concerning exercise of ministerial discretions.